A swim instructor sole responsibility is to provide water instruction and water safety by planning, coordinating, and teaching swim lessons. All Swim Instructors report directly to the Program, Aquatics and Events Director.
Areas of Commitment:
- Maintain the safety of patrons in and around the pool area
- Thorough knowledge of swimming and water safety
- Attend all mandatory trainings and meetings
- Plan and effectively organize lesson time for maximum practice.
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement by holding productive and engaging swim lessons.
- Keep accurate and timely records of all lessons taught, purchases, and schedule through our Datatrak system to ensure accurate pay.
- Provide consistency in instruction by working on each new development for a varied length of time.
- Communicate regularly with participants and parents to ensure they are aware of progress
- Remain alert at all times
- Setting up and cleaning up before and after a lesson.
- Communicate openly and regularly with supervisor and team members.
- Enforce pool signage, close lanes based on lane usage flow chart.
- Acts as a culture ambassador in justifying principle based decision making and modelling behaviors at all times that are in support of our pillars.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to adapt their teaching approaches to the age, experience, and the ability of participants, so that they can meet course objectives. This individual should have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations and knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Life Guard, First Aid & CPR certification
- 16 years old +
- WSI, Preferred
Kinetic Sports Club
Kinetic Sports Club Mission Statement
A Premium Destination Sports Club for the entire family dedicated to delivering a 5-star member experience.
Kinetic Sports Club Core Values
1. Taking care of our members is our highest priority
2. We create memorable experiences for our members and guests
3. We are innovative and are always seeking opportunities to improve our club
4. We own and immediately resolve member and team member concerns
5. We find a way to make the impossible possible. We don’t use the words can’t, they or try. Instead we say can, us and will.
6. We take the opportunity to learn and develop our own skills
7. We take care of our fellow team members
8. We provide uncompromising levels of cleanliness
9. We treat others how we wish to be treated
10. We do everything we can to help our members achieve results
Kinetic Sports Club is a full service fitness and recreation center for the entire family. Our 50,000 square feet of amenities includes a state of the art fitness facility, full gym, Indoor Cycling, group fitness classes, serene yoga studio, personal training, small group training, juice bar, luxurious locker rooms with steam and sauna, lap pool, kids aquatic center, indoor soccer fields, basketball court, kids play room, and much more for members in Pelham, Pelham Manor, New Rochelle and Mount Vernon.
Company Website: www.kineticsportsclub.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)